Rules

« Older   Newer »

1. energyskinloss

User deleted

The General Rules

Welcome to Designated Source! Designated Source was launched on August 15th of 2010 and has been an asset to many for edits, graphics, and all sorts of Adobe Photoshop users. This site is owned and administrated by one person, but runs well with the help from a few moderators. The main thing to remember when using this site is to respect those posting and not insult another person's work. Like the old saying goes, "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all."

This is a resource site.

re·source:
    1. Something that can be used for support or help.
    2. An available supply that can be drawn on when needed.
    3. The ability to deal with a difficult or troublesome situation effectively.
    4. Means that can be used to cope with a difficult situation.

I strongly go by the meaning and so should you! It is also common courtesy to not flaunt something you wouldn't give away if requested!

I strongly encourage all members, mainly new members to introduce themselves in the Members Section before posting. This will benefit you in few ways. By introducing yourself, you're able to get to know others and let others get to know you. Sometimes an intro creates really cool discussions and you end up feeling comfortable. It's also a chance for us to welcome you formally into the community. And lastly, you will gain a few posts if you're hoping to earn your way into the protected sections.

P/s: This is a place of show, tell, and learning. Try your best not to be negative about yourself or your work. The point in making this forum is to teach, gain knowledge and confidence in photoshop. Questions are open here! Don't be ashamed or embarrassed to ask for help.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Adobe Photoshop Section Rules

- If you are confused on why the Coloring and Tutorial Sections are protected and are not sure on how to access them, read this post.

- There have been many arguments over colorings and remaking them. Please be polite and if you don't want it recreated, please ask them not to nicely.

- You must provide an original photo of the photo you are requesting. Please don't say you couldn't find it if you didn't look hard enough. If you expect someone to put in the effort to provide you the coloring on the photo, you should at least be able to put in the effort into finding a photo. If the photo is really nowhere to be found and you've checked every source possible, provide something similar that someone could easily work with. An alternative image is still helpful!

- If the photo you are posting has a width bigger than 400 pixels or big enough to stretch out the page, please provide a link to the photo or use the spoiler option.

- If you are caught manipulating and redistributing another person's work, you will be banned without warning. Even by making a new account- you will not be allowed on here on the computer you're using. Details on the topic of Stealing, Manipulating and Distributing is here.

- If you want to teach others something you might think they're interested in, feel free to teach it in the Tutorials section. Provide detailed information, screencaps, etc. to help out those who are learning it. If you have any general questions about Adobe Photoshop, feel free to ask it in the Tutorials section as well.

- Thread Titles. This is a much newer rule. Please make sure that when you are creating a new thread and requesting something, that you put it in detail what you want. I've cleaned the threads and have come across many posts saying "help" "this please" "these" "gorgeous coloring" etc. Please refrain from titling posts in that way. Instead, write "how to: make a graphic with - - - " or "scratchy/grunge texture help" It is much, much easier for everyone if they know what is inside the post. In case someone is looking for something specific, they will be able to find it faster. More details on how to write thread titles for the Coloring Section are under #1.

- Lastly, PLEASE look through as many threads as you can in the sections before posting a new thread. We do not need multiple requests over something that has already been solved or found. The threads that have been helped with have "solved" written in the descriptions or are closed depending on how old it is.

The other sections seem to be straight forward. If you have a question on something relating to Adobe Photoshop, please place them in the correct sections.

You may use animations in signatures and avatars for now, since we aren't having any issues with them. Please resize or create icons that are 100x100 pixels. Please refrain from using inappropriate or offensive language or imagery in your icons or signatures.

Keep this place nice, calm, and respectful. Rudeness is not welcome here! Please stay positive, feel free to express yourselves, and have a good, lasting experience on the forum.

Questions are always welcome so ask them below or send me a private message! Enjoy!

Edited by kresleyanne - 5/7/2015, 20:00

2. poppywhore

User deleted

read and understood :3

3. TeQuieroRiss

User deleted

Read and understood as well<3

4. marie'

User deleted

read and understood (:

5. energyskinloss

User deleted

*I have included some new rules. The first one is mainly for the colorings section, and the second one is a general rule.

1. You must provide an original photo of the photo you are requesting. Don't say you couldn't find it if you didn't look. If you expect someone to put in the effort to provide you the coloring on the photo, you should at least be able to put in the effort into finding a simple photo. If the photo is really nowhere to be found and you've checked every source possible, provide something similar that someone could easily work with.

2. If the photo you are posting has a width bigger than 400 pixels or just any photo big enough to stretch out the page, please provide a link to the photo.

6. runthistownx3

User deleted

Okay, I was thinking maybe there should be a penalty for stealing psds, because so far I've counted 2 people on this site who have taken the same psd, edited a tad, and reposted it here.

7. energyskinloss

User deleted

QUOTE (runthistownx3 @ 28/2/2011, 15:42) 
    Okay, I was thinking maybe there should be a penalty for stealing psds, because so far I've counted 2 people on this site who have taken the same psd, edited a tad, and reposted it here.

Banning is my punishment. If you find someone doing that, report them to me immediately. Without warning, I'll ban them.

8. energyskinloss

User deleted

A new rule has been added, officially, based off of runthistownx3's suggestion.

If you are caught manipulating and redistributing another person's work, you will be banned without warning. Even by making a new account- you will not be allowed on here on the computer you're using. Your IP address will be forever banned.

9. runthistownx3

User deleted

Ooh, I just helped create a rule :D
    I feel a member of Congress, y'know? Or whoever gives the president the laws.

10. adelaidex

User deleted

Read and understood. :)

11. xoxoily

User deleted

Read and understood. <3 :P

12. energyskinloss

User deleted

Many members have been receiving unwanted requests for colorings through private messages. There is a Coloring section for a reason, guys. Please don't send messages to users through private messaging expecting them to recreate colorings for you- especially those who have never said they'd do it willingly.

13. rachelpuckerman

User deleted

read and understood

14. alisonxx

User deleted

I'm new here and just read it and understood it very well :)

15. lovemandax3

User deleted

read and understood :)

148 replies since 15/8/2010, 09:21   3788 views